Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Same As It Ever Was


The contest went well. We threw an awesome party and I am proud to have been part of the leadship team who hosted the contest! So great to hear from everyone what a great time they had!

It's weird to have it over with and be at a dead stop. I am finding myself needing something to do, and am thinking of taking another job to make some travel money. Wanderlust again. I have a lot of teacher friends who are all making their travel plans, and it pains me to think I have to wait until October/November to go anywhere. Perhaps I'll win the lotto tonight... I'll keep my fingers crossed. First stop, New Orleans!! Then maybe Europe. I'm a believer in spending a couple bucks on the lotto. That $2 - $5 allows me to dream about what I would do with the money that I would not have the chance of winning, had I not played at all.

Meager surf this week. Looks like a swell will be in later this week! Hopefully I will get in some really good dawn patrols in the near future!

I had two high school friends come up this past weekend. A lot people like to bag on Facebook, but I've had a really awesome experience getting back in touch with my friends. It was fun Sunday at the beach and it's so great to see my friends and their families.

5 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

they say you can't win if you don't play, as far as the lotto is concerned! :)

Leigh said...

Bee- LOL I'm a firm believer in that!

weirsdo said...

Great!
Happy holidays

cooper said...

happy new year leigh

Kari said...

Hi Leigh! I tagged you in 7 Facts award. If you want to play along, check it out here: http://knowitnotsomuch.blogspot.com/2011/03/lets-see-how-this-goes.html. See you at Bunco tomorrow!