Monday, April 05, 2010

Going Forward


It always seems I am so busy with work. I cannot believe it is already April! This past weekend I went to see a surfing exhibit at our local museum. There where a lot of local artists and surfboards on display. It was really awesome to see some of my friends contribute to this installation and to be knee deep in such a culture that appreciates it's history.

Being in the museum was a great rainy day thing to do, as the weather had nasty for the weekend. The surf was looking good, but I really haven't been into it. My sessions have been so-so and there are days I feel I have failed myself as a surfer. I have to remind myself that it is ok not to surf. It is ok to want to stay in and read or watch a movie. The good days will return and I think I should refrain from surfing until I have the want to go.

It has been busy anyway... I've the got the Memorial Day Contest coming up and I've been learning how to update the Longboard Union's website. I'm also taking care of the program, so I have layout work to do too.

Hopefully in June I can relax and find other activities to get into. After the last post, I really want to find new people to be around. No more users or needy people in my life. I let that girl go, and I really am glad I did. The site of her irritated me and I loathe her.... not really a good thing to feel about someone, but it is what it is and I am happy not to see her or be anywhere near her.

Busy and happy days ahead!

2 comments:

coop said...

Sounds like you have a lot to do and it sounds like fun.

I am glad you are moving on because irritation and loathing takes energy, and you can best use that energy elsewhere.

Leigh said...

It's a lot of work, but it's so much fun! And you're right about the energy, I need that to surf! ;) Always good to "see" you Coop! *HUGS*