Thursday, August 13, 2009

Transitions in August

I always feel that August is a difficult month for me and I don't know why. Perhaps it's a transitional month, between summer and fall. Last week my uncle passed away. He died just a week before his 75th birthday. He had a great life and was the sweetest person I have known. Needless to say I spent a lot of time with my family last week. The memorial service was beautiful, and very reminiscent of my grandfather's service. I didn't realize my uncle had served in the Korean War for a number of years (My grandfather had been a POW in WWII), thus the military presence:



A very emotional day! I had also managed to get into an argument with a friend that day too. So it's been a very trying time. I'm in Modesto now for work for the rest of the week and wish I was at home. The surf has been fairly weak, and it's least i've ever surfered.

I am hoping things will be picking up. I do have my vacation coming up in 3 weeks! I'll be visiting Jessie in New Orleans for a few days and then my aunt will come get me and take me to Pensacola, FL for a few more days. Hopefully Jess can come with me and we will try and look for surf... if not, it's one of the most beautiful places to snorkel! Can't wait!!

I will hopefully come back with a lot of great pics!

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

i'm sorry to hear about your uncle.
enjoy the vacation!