Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Alternate Route

I think I've come to another fork in the road of my life again. For the last 9 months I feel like I've been banging my head against a wall, and I know it just can't go on like this. In the last couple weeks I've been bouncing around the idea of possibly moving to Florida in maybe 4-6 months. My parents do have the house there and I could save a lot of money. It wouldn't be a permanent move, maybe 3 years at most. If I did make this move, it would be to recover my financial situation, and I would hope to have two jobs. When I did have time, I could surf Cocoa Beach or standup paddle around in that area.

Also, I think I've been far too involved in some of my friend's lives rather have my own. It's really time to do things for me. I know I've worked hard to establish a life here in Santa Cruz, but I feel like there are still some things missing. The right kind of energy isn't present to allow for me to move forward in this time and place. I need to step aside and gain a new perspective.

I haven't made an absolute decision yet, but I have been working on revamping my resume and looking at housing in Cocoa, and Palm Bay.

I'll keep you all posted.

4 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

florida, wow! sounds like an awesome move!

cooper said...

I will follow the next episode of your life with interest. It is better to have many episodes than one I think.

Leigh said...

Bee- I know, but I think I would be California terribly!

Coop - I agree... life happens in a series rather than just one big episode. ;)

Hobbes said...

Good luck.