Friday, December 05, 2008

That Time Again?!

I never realize the holidays are here until the middle of December. A bit late, wouldn't you say? Anyway, I got back from L.A. Wednesday night... it was raining the majority of the time, so when I came into town, I stopped in Jessie's coffee shop and hung out with her until she closed. She was leaving for Hawaii the next day and she still isn't back yet, so needless to say, I'm glad I got to spend some time with her.

Thanksgiving was really nice. I got a surf session in before heading to my parents house. Many of my family members were there, aunts, uncles and cousins... so great to see everyone fill my old home since my parents bought it back 3 months ago! I didn't actually eat a whole lot... at least not to the point of being overstuffed. It was definitely a conservative effort on my part.

This past weekend was absolutely crazy as far the surf goes. A big swell hit the area and it seemed like it was far busier than summer! I didn't go out most of those days just because the crowds were just ridiculous! I did manage a couple sessions during this swell and it was very chaotic, but very fun.

Right now, I'm really looking ahead to the spring... I very much want to travel to Scorpion Bay with Meg and Brian when they go again... but that's pretty far off into the future, at least that's how it seems.

2 comments:

shayna said...

One of these days I will get on a surfboard I promise! Right now, I am to busy to even get in a creek to go wading.

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!

Leigh said...

That'd be awesome! Although I think it's freezing everywhere! I don't recommend wading around in any body of water, unless it's a hot tub! ;)