Thursday, December 18, 2008

Come on Holiday Week!

I am so glad next week is only a 3 day week! Woo! Hopefully there will be a break in the weather and some surf to be surfed. This week I have traveled to the center of the state for work. I was given 4 more centers as part as my company's realignment project. I cover the central valley of Califonia (Modesto, Stockton, Tracy) and so far, it's been pretty cool. I am a lot closer to home, or so it seems. My family and I drive through here to go jetskiing or camping, so this area is much more familiar to me. Also, I have family that lives here, so that's kind of a safety thing too.

Needless to say, it's been cold. My truck got it's first taste of frost (that surf leash has no idea what hit it! It was frozen to my bedmat.):


Since it's been so cold, getting out to surf is an ordeal. The low tides are not until late in the day as the sun is setting, and by that time your motivation to go out doesn't exsist. Instead, going out to drink is a much better idea :) Jess and I went out to the Palomar last week and got bombarded by Santa's:


This was post-birthday outting. My birthday was on the 9th, which was a Tuesday. I had a wonderful day. My friend Crissy took me to lunch, which was very nice. Then after work Jess and I got in a super fun surf session in a very small conditions. After that, we headed over to Olitas for some $6 taco and margaritas.... very mellow, but fun evening! Fos, Laura, Alison and Ryan came too! It was as much as I wanted for a Tuesday night out. Some good birthdays these last couple of years!

Anyway, Ami is coming up for the holidays, so that should be fun! I'll be seeing my family on xmas eve... it'll nice! Some fun things to look forward too!

2 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

happy belated birthday!
have a great holiday, and happy new year!

Hobbes said...

Happy belated birthday, and Happy Holidays!