Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Out of Towner

My vacation has finally come and at this moment I am in L.A. visiting my friend Ami. I drove down on Sunday and it only took me 5 1/2 hours, so being early I drove into Malibu to check out the surf. It was incredibly small, but there were only about 10 people in the water, so suited up and paddled out. I was surprised that the cobblestone bottom, which sucked to walk on. I was glad I brought the P.Cruiser out instead of the Orange Dreamciscle, because that bottom gave my board a beating! I had a fun session, catching ankle bitters. On my last wave I got a 5 in, which was a little goal of mine, since it was so small and mushy. On my way down the PCH, I missed the Topanga Canyon turn and to flip a bitch... caught some sunshine:


I got to Ami's and we went out to dinner. The next day we had breakfast then drove down to Santa Monica and checked out the pier, then went to the Promenade to do some window shopping.


It's been fun visiting with Ami and catching up. Since my arrival, her cat Q-bert has been my little stalker... following me everywhere and waits for me when I am in the bathroom. Sometimes he just can't wait and lets me know he's still there by putting his cat arms under the door:


This is borderline horror movie. Anyway, I am so glad I got to drive down and get away from Santa Cruz and Silicon Valley for a few days. I'll be heading back home tomorrow, early enough that I can get a surf session in!

5 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

love the little cat paw under the door!
happy thanksgiving!

JaneyRuth said...

Too bad you didn't have time to come down to the OC and check out Dana Point and Newport Beach...

Oh well, next time, maybe...

http://tinyurl.com/gf-s-first-day

Leigh said...

Bee - Everytime I was in the bathroom he would do that. Hope you had a good Turkey Day!

JaneyRuth - Next I visit, I plan to check out more spots! I unfortunately was limited on time :)

cooper said...

Sound like life is treating you well.

You know if you lived in Sweden you would be beholden to regulations requiring that you provide your cat with a minimum of 2 hours a day of social activities. lol

Leigh said...

Hey Coop - really, they do that in Sweden? LOL How would that be enforced? Hope you had a good holiday!