Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jay Race


This past weekend I participated in the 7th Annual Jay Moriarity Memorial Paddle Race, held at New Brighton beach here in Santa Cruz. There were two divisions, a 12 mile and a 2 mile. Being fairly new to the paddle world, I did the 2 mile course. There was a huge turn out! I don't think I've ever seen so many different paddle boards - the 2 mile sprint was open to all types of boards: paddleboards, Standup Paddle Boards, people just on their surfboards paddling.


I didn't win any trophies or anything, but I did up my waterwoman status by finishing this race (and I wasn't last). For some reason my time was the only one that didn't get recorded when I went to look at the results! I was #46 and I finished in about 34 - 36 minutes. I finished with about 4-5 other people at the same time, perhaps thats where the confusion lay. Anyway, it was a good time and a good workout.


Correction: They found that they had recorded my time under a different number. My time was found and I finished the race at 0:32:04 - that puts me in 3rd place for the women's standup paddle division.

4 comments:

Shayna said...

Congrats to you!!! That is terrific!

How have you been???????

Leigh said...

Hi Shayna! Thanks! Things are going fairly well...still livin' the life! Hope you and your boys are well!

cooper said...

Yeah leigh. That is awesome.

ope your fourth was spectacular.

Leigh said...

Coop - Thank you! My 4th wasn't the most spectacular, but I did have a nice time and spent it with people I love.