Monday, December 03, 2007

Psycho Cycle

It's so funny how we each individually have mini-dramas that play out every day of our lives. There are events that make up our weeks, our months, and years. And I'm sure the more shit you have going on, the faster time passes.

For those interested, as a finale to the past girl situation, she officially decided to move back in with her ex (well I guess they are gf's now). So that ends that. We are still friends and had a great week together, getting into a lot of trouble at work, but nothing more romantically.

As for some more brighter news, I got to be one of the judges in the Gathering of the Tribes contest this past Saturday. It was supposed to be held at Capitola, however it was flat. Very beautiful, but too serene for a surf contest:



So with that, the contest was moved to a more rough and tumble Manresa (amazing how just driving several miles down the coast can provide vastly different conditions) :


Originally, I was supposed to surf this contest. However, I have served my time in conditions such as this and it's just not fun. Not to mention it was about 40F out with a South wind blowing. This did provide the opportunity to learn how to judge a contest... so I took it. I learned things I need to know when I am competing in these events and it provided a priceless education in competitive longboarding. I do not regret my decision in not suiting up for this one. I had a lot of support from my friends, though I had to call them and tell them "Next time...".

End note: I cannot believe it's December already... my birthday is just a week away, and my much anticipated vacation just a few weeks away! I've been learning how to make little short films, but my video camera isn't working :( I hope to remedy that by the time I head for Florida!! I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

happy (almost!) birthday! enjoy your time in FL!