Monday, October 15, 2007

CWC 2007

What an exciting week around here! The weather did all kinds of things... from super stormy and rain, to beautiful sunny days. I did manage to get a few pics of the Cold Water Classic. I was driving around Westcliff during Day 1 of the CWC and made a little video:

video

Well, it got stormy and I ended up going surfing and didn't get anymore video, but I did get some pics the last day of the contest. I got this shot of Jordy Smith, who won the event, setting up for a snap:




I don't recall who this was - maybe Josh Loya. There were still some decent sets rolling though:



No shortage of spectators for this event!


In closing, I am getting over a cold, so no surfing for a couple days. It is going off again right now!
Hopefully the new swell will last for the week or will build again for the low tides and my recovery!

3 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

i was in santa cruz yesterday afternoon for a few hours for work-related stuffs. it was awful coming over the hill but by the time i left, it was gorgeous!

Paula the Surf Mom said...

Hey leigh... would you like to be a guest poster on my site sometime? E mail me.

Paula

coop said...

Leigh, it looks fabulous.

Keep safe and happy and as always I envy you.

A couple of my best friends took off last week on a surfing tour of sorts. They started in Costa Rica, but are now in Nicaragua living in a room above a surf shop - a hundred dollars a month..don't know when they are heading further down but as you can guess I am so wishing I took a year off after school.


Love ya

peace

I did my blog action day post last week on the Save the Waves Coalition.