Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kauai 2007


My apologies for dropping off the face of the earth. From the title you can probably gather that I am finally on my vacation! I flew into Kauai Tuesday afternoon and have been enjoying the beautiful scenery since. Meg and I did find some surf and have been having a great time getting to know the Cowells-like break. It's a long paddle out to the reef break, and it's a nice slow mellow wave, just like we're used to. We were having some surf wax issues, but went down to the surf shop and I experimented with some different one... we are good now.



It's been raining off and on, but the weather is just great! We haven't really gone anywhere... we've been content hanging around the house we rented along with Meg's family, and going surfing and hanging out at the beach. The vain of our existence below: Food, beer, and surfwax.


4 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

you're even drinking local beer, with a surfing (name) twist!
enjoy your vacation!

Beach Bum said...

Can you get hold of some of that Wet Woman wax they're making over thewre and give us all a review. See http://www.s-e-x-wax.com/2007/07/wet-women-wax.html for the stuff I'm talking about

Cheers!

Leigh said...

Bee - lol uh huh! When you open the beer and look on the cap it has a Hawaiian word on it so you can learn some vocabulary!

Beachbum - those are $4 bucks a bar! I'll look around, but I haven't seen any yet! :)

cooper said...

You have fun, just enjoy it all and take picture post them and let us be jealous.