Monday, February 12, 2007

It's Ok Though

My predictions on the weather were indeed correct. Usually after some great weather in February, we start to get rain. It rained all last week and it really jacked up the ocean conditions. It was extremely unorganized and choppy. The waves were mush-burgers and not very powerful... just mushy.




Oh well, it was a good thing. I took Friday off because I was originally going to go up to the mountains with Meg, Jen, and Laura, but it didn't work out. It is just as well. I needed an extra day to catch up on my school work, since I was out of commission last week from my concussion. Classes are going great and I am thoroughly enjoying the subjects. I just did a presentation last week and it went fairly well. Both my instructors are awesome and very influential. I'm very fortunate to have them.



The weather did clear up yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful out, even though the surf was still a bit disorganized and lumpy. I went to a bike ride and then for a long walk. I went up the wharf and up to Cowells and back to Meg's. The sea lions were enjoying the sun as well.




I am going to try and get into the water this afternoon, after work. Hopefully the conditions will have cleaned up and I could get in some nice rides.

4 comments:

bee said...

I wonder how our latest storm is affecting the surf...it's pretty darn rainy tonight!

cooper said...

Lovely pictures leigh.

I'm glad school is going well for you, it always helps when the instructor is decent.

No water for me for some time, which makes me sad and envious as always.

Paula the Surf Mom said...

surfs up here Leigh and its about time.

Anonymous said...

That gray/black matter behind the seal's butt on the deck... is that... seal poop??