Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome '07!

What a busy surf weekend it was! I went out last Friday and it was almost completely flat! I needed to surf to I went to the eastside and surfed 2nd peak for a little while, but then came back to 38th to have it all to myself. The waves were very small, but once in a while (a long while) a waist high set would come in. It was micro, but it was all mine.





Thursday, Natascha (to whom I will refer to as "Fos" from this point forward) and I met up in Boulder Creek after work to look at some places for her to live. After looking at one really cute place and one really skanky place, we headed to the bar. We had a beer and later drove back into town to get some dinner. We headed for Olitas for $5 fish tacos and margaritas.

I was going to talk about Saturday, but I don't remember what happened in which order. I do know I went to Cowells to surf and it was super fun and I got a few really good lefts. Sunday sucked... it was disorganized and big. Fos and I had gone out for honky mofo breakfast before, and nearly ate ourselves into a coma. I guess I felt I needed exercise after that and paddled into the mess at Cowells. For an hour it felt like I was paddling in place! I got out, completely frustrated and Meg had gone out before me, feeling the same way after her session. She made a big honky mofo dinner (meatloaf, beans, and potato's) and we gramma'd out for the New Year.

I did get a better surf session in on New Years Day, but got completely worn out and was sick yesterday. I took a surf break and feel much better today. I start classes on Tuesday next week and I am stoked! More on that later!

Hope you all had a fun and safe New Years!

6 comments:

shayna said...

Hope you are feeling better and Hope you get in a great surf for the New Year! Happy 2007, Leigh! :)

Paula the Surf Mom said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend... I hope you feel better soon.

weirsdo said...

Sounds like fun eating. Hope you and the surf get better, and Happy New Year!

Miz BoheMia said...

Oooweee! what a honky mofo end to the year das FO SHO! You should call this the "Honky Mofo Post"... ha, ha, haaa! Can you tell I like saying honky mofo?

Honky Mofo? DAS FO SHO!

Say it with me now people! WOOH! ;-P

Ok, ok, I will behave now... geez!

I am glad to hear you have been living it up as best you can in spite of, well, mother nature not fully cooperating! Happy New year sweet chica and I hope to be lucky enough to see you sooooooon!!!! YEAH BABY YEAH!

Besos! Mizzy B...

cooper said...

It sound lovely, I think skanky can me fun.

Happy new one.

We both start back to school soon....


The good with the bad.

Leigh said...

Shayna - Hey Lady! Good to see you! Happy NY to you too!!

Paula - Much better now after the needed rest. Hope you got out to surf!

Weirsdo - Eating is always fun... until you start to feel sick for OD'ing on food. Happy NY!

Miz B - Somehow I knew you would like the phrase "Honky MoFo" hehehe Hmmmmm... you behavin'? I don't think so... we need you to be your naughty self ;)

Coop - Hmmm... some skank can be entertaining, but too much skank isn't a good thing. I am looking forward to school and having tons of homework :|