Monday, December 11, 2006

Birthday Weekend

This weekend was pretty awesome! I did celebrate my birthday with my friends and family. Saturday, my housemates both gave me wonderful gifts! Journi gave me some fuzzy monkey slippers, along with matching pj's (see Olive in the green bag?):



My other housemate, Aimee, made me a very yummy chocolate cake with a surfer girl on it:



I went to Mary's in the afternoon, and she made me a sweet potato pie! YUM! And then after I spent some time with her, I headed over to Meg's where she had made dinner and margarita's for us (Jen, Maite, and myself). Meg had bought me this awesome hoodie last week and it's super cozy! Juan came by with his son and brought me a tiny glass bottle with sand and shells in it. It said "Beach front property" on it. For some reason, it may have been the margaritas, it was the funniest thing in the world. We had such a good time even though it was pretty windy and rainy out. Which brings me to the surf.

It's been pretty choppy and stormy out. It also has been pretty big. After it being just trash for most of the weekend, yesterday afternoon it started to organize a little bit and show some pretty beefy waves:



The pics were taken from the wharf, where it rarely breaks. It was such a trip to be standing over these big mounds of water pushing through! There were a bunch of shortboarders out at Cowells, which is also another rare sight.


A beautiful sunset on Cowells Beach:



Oh! And my parents came in earlier that day. We spent the afternoon having brunch and walking around downtown and looking at the coast. They bought a new sexy wetsuit (yes another one!) that I seriously needed - one just isn't enough, surfing as much as I do.

7 comments:

Miz BoheMia said...

Happy, happy amiga mia!!!! I am glad you had such a fabulous time and that you are surrounded by such sweet family and friends... the true riches of life!

Here's to a fabulous year and may this new life in SC hold nothing but the best in store for you!

As for the waves, I saw pics of the ones in SF and dios mio were they HUGE! Freaks me out!

and psssst... did you know December (I think 'twas the 5th) marks a year of friendship for a certain surfin' chica and a cuckoo bohemian? Happy, happy on that too and here's to our meeting soon!!!!!!

Fingers crossed cause it might just happen! Besos amiga mia and mucho love!

Anonymous said...

Wow, You eat sweet potato pie in SC??? I thought that was just a North Carolina thing… Sounds like a very cool birthday, the cake looked great.

Happy Birthday

cooper said...

oh sweet jesus, I missed your birthday.

Happy Birthday dear Leigh.
I hope it was all you deserve.

The video of me dancing naked in front of the mirror reall sucked, I have to redo it...I will eventually get it to you.

;0

mama told me not to come.


love ya

Leigh said...

Miz B - I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year! Here's to our 1st Year Anniversary! So happy we are friends and can't wait to get you back here!!! BESOS!

Paula - I love sweet potato pie! Californians have access to any food imaginable - well, except some real southern BBQ. Places here need to work on that. I had an awesome bday!

Coop- Oh I will be waiting for that one... and I will keep asking. hehehe Thanks dear... it was a great birthday, full of friends, family and lotsa luv... Besos sweetheart!

Leigh said...

Miz B - I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year! Here's to our 1st Year Anniversary! So happy we are friends and can't wait to get you back here!!! BESOS!

Paula - I love sweet potato pie! Californians have access to any food imaginable - well, except some real southern BBQ. Places here need to work on that. I had an awesome bday!

Coop- Oh I will be waiting for that one... and I will keep asking. hehehe Thanks dear... it was a great birthday, full of friends, family and lotsa luv... Besos sweetheart!

weirsdo said...

A belated happy birthday! Sounds like fun.

shayna said...

Your birthday sounds like it was wonderful. Happy birthday sweet, Leigh!!!

Happy Holiday's!