Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Almost There

Looks like the sand is coming back to Cowells. The surf has been inconsistent and big at times, flat others. Christmas was nice... saw my family, hung out with my friends. My housemates have been gone, so I have had the house to myself.

I start school in a couple weeks, and I am excited about that. I think I am finally adjusted to my new life in Santa Cruz and am ready to go back to a study mode. One can only hang out and surf so much, right? The winter is also a good time to have other activities, because the weather won't allow for a lot of outside events. May as well be studying. I also have this feeling 2007 is going to be great, so I anxious for this year to be done!

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

5 comments:

Paula the Surf Mom said...

Happy New Years Leigh... ya you cant be a surf bum all of your life I guess.

thatbeegirl said...

Happy (almost!) New Year! Hope the New Year brings lots of swells your way!

Miz BoheMia said...

Hey chica! You blogged prior to this and I missed it! *gaspetty gasp*

I am glad to see you back and in top surfalicious form to boot! WOOH! Although how on earth you can get in the water in such weather and COLD is beyond me and I say this sitting in much-warmer-than-the-bay-area Spain and I am freezing my ass off as I lie beneath two, count 'em, TWO, comforters!!! Dios mio! That's why yoga suits me to a tee... need heat for that!

I hope the sand has settled so that you get to enjoy your surfing adventures to the max! I am glad to see you had a good Christmas! May you have nothing short of faboo New Year! The tides are changing indeed and may it be easy going for all! Besos!

cooper said...

Hope you are enjoying the holiday's as well.

I often wish I could just be a surf or ski bum for a few years - eh we'll see.

Enjoy these next few school free weeks.

Leigh said...

Paula - Thanks! Who says? hehehe

Bee- Me too!

Miz B- It is getting colder here! I do have questionable days whether it is worth getting in the water or not, but I always end up having a great time! Hope '07 brings you back here soon!

BESOS!

Coop- Me too, but I think I am doing a pretty good job at being a surf bum.