Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Surfest 2006



Obviously I am back in Cali, and glad to be! It's been insanely busy since I came home and for some reason I am finding comfort here at work. Perhaps because it's the rountine and the familiar.

I did participate in the 2006 NorCal Women's Surfest. Alison and I were in the same division. We both did extremely well, although there were only 3 of us in the divsion, Alison took 2nd place, and came in at 1st place! Hopefully there will be some pics from the event... especially of us surfing! The conditions were fairly small during our first heat, but were getting closed out and gnarly by the second. The sun never came out that day, and it was pretty cold. Ryan, Alison's boyfriend, and I had to seriously talk Alison into getting back into her wet wetsuit for our 2nd heat. It was that cold.

It was a extremely long, but fun, day! Now that my vacation and the contest are over, it's time for an energy shift and to welcome the fall transition. I am very much looking forward to this!

11 comments:

bee said...

Congrats on 1st place!

cooper said...

Way cool Leigh and congrats.


The fall and all the changes that come with it - yay.

Miz BoheMia said...

1st PLACE? Oooooh! Hey, if ever I move back to SF and you PROMISE there are no sharks around, then maybe I will give surfing a try! ;-P If you're up for some yoga that is! Funkified!

Congrats on the win! YOU ROCK CHICA!

And welcome home!

Leigh said...

Bee - Thank you!

Coop - Thanks dear... i *heart* the fall!

Miz B - It's a deal! We will surf and do yoga!

weirsdo said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you competed this year.

Emily said...

FIRST PLACE! YAY!

Been working my way around to telling evryone about the new change of digs for Loveless but I see there girl you beat me to it!

Good to be back, haven't worked up the new codes for the BWB ring but when I get them finished I'll send them to you also.

Now I'm with Miz B.. if I ever get out to Northern Cali and you're absolutely sure there are no sharks in the water.. then I'll let MELANIE try surfing! heheheh

I am in soooo much trouble now!

Love 'ya!
Emily

Leigh said...

Weirsdo - Me too! Nothing like being a player in the game.

Emily - Glad to have you back! Hmmmm... maybe I will check with Mellie on that one ;) lol

shayna said...

FIRST PLACE!!!!! That is awesome!!! Congrats, my friend!!!

Miz BoheMia said...

Ha, ha, haaaa! Emily is naughty, NAUGHTY I SAY!

Hey chica! Where you at? Favorite bohemians (see how I took the liberty to include that label? YEAH BABY YEAH!) want updates! UPDATES I SAY!

Sar said...

Good for you Leigh! See, I always knew you were one cool surfer chick. ;)

Sorry for my absence of late. I took a bit of a blog break and I'm working my way back around.

Leigh said...

Shayna - Thanks!

Miz B - hehehe and we do like naughty girls, don't we ;)

Sars - Good to see you again! Thanks, you are a cool chica yourself!