Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Falling Back to Routine

Fall is officially here. I celebrated the equinox with cocktails and something that tasted like alcoholic chai. My one housemate and I were interviewing people, well because our other housemate has moved out. It's been interesting the range of people we've been getting. Although, the one we had on Saturday took the cake. This woman, came walking up like she was queen of the land, as my housemate and I were talking to the neighbors. They were having a HUGE party that night and asked if the woman if she was one of the dancers for the evening (you can imagine how she was dressed for us to assume she was entertainment). Anyway, we soon realized she was our 1pm interview. Well...she definitely was not a match, being that she was pretty needy and demanding. She also asked if she did move in, if she could lay naked in the back. I of course said yes, and that underneath my window provided the most sunlight for proper sunbathing. We later come to find that she is a stripper/realtor. Hmmmm... it all made sense. My take on it was this: She could lay naked anywhere she wanted, but she ain't livin' with us.

Anyway... the SW swell died, but I have been surfing in the small stuff with my friends. Got to surf with a cutie the other day. We'll see how that goes! It's been a blast seeing everyone in the evening, and watching the sun set and the water glass off. No more early mornings until spring. Ah well, I have my classes to attend anyway and swimming in the evenings. It's just as well.

10 comments:

cooper said...

Sounds like things are going well Leigh.

Yeah needy stripper / realtors are the worse roommates.


Love to hear more on the new cutie.;)

Miz BoheMia said...

Oooooh! I ditto my sistah! Do tell on the new cutie!

Stripper/realtors? Dios mio! Well, if all else fails to sell the house, strip! Hey, maybe I shoudl try that! We just had our first clients today and tight pants with heels were in, a la casual (as though I always dressed like that! HAH! Birkenstocks are more me!)... maybe naked should have been my hook! Hmmm....

Glad to hear the new routine is falling into place and good luck on finding a new roomie!

Leigh said...

Coop- Sounds like you have had some experience with like.

Hmmmm, what can I tell you and Miz B. about the new cutie... well, we actually met out in the water a few months back, but the times had been few and far between since we've been in at the same time. The last I had spoke with her, I was getting the cold shoulder, so my interest dwindled.

I hadn't really seen her since, until last Monday, when we surfed together. She paddled over to me and I started a conversation and she was very chatty. We ended up surfing that session together. And last night, I saw her as I was driving up and she smiled. We again, surfed the session together. A really nice sunset session that turned into a beautiful evening glass off.

She's super cute, and really sweet, and VERY young (20, 21 in a week) - I hold no expectations, it's just nice getting attention and surfing with a pretty girl :)

The ZenFo Pro said...

Ooh..

Um...

Err...

Strippers.

Bad idea :)

shayna said...

Stripper/Realtor... that's a new one for me! LOL!

So she get a job entertaining the party guest at the neighbors?

cooper said...

twenty- one is quite old whenit has to be. ;0

bee said...

Stripper/realtor, hmmmm? That's an interesting combination...
:)

Leigh said...

Jason - lol... speechless! Yeah, probably wouldn't be a good idea to get a pole installed in our living room.

Shayna - I think she got $20 for the night.

Coop - You are in a whole different catagory of 21 my dear ;)

Bee- Selling houses by day, boobies by nite.

Miz BoheMia said...

STOP STARING AT THAT CUTIE AND GIVE US AN UPDATE DAMMIT!

Ha, ha, haaa! How's that for a hello?

weirsdo said...

I am all caught up now. Many beautiful pictures and times on the ocean.
You can't be too careful with housemates. I had some doozies in grad school. After the med school bitches from hell there was a vacancy. Once a woman called to come see the room and then called back saying she was too scared to come look at the house because we lived on Cliff Street, and that was just too scary for her. We escaped her only to get a guy who ran out leaving bills and got annoying calls after he was gone from his probation officer, whom we hadn't known about.