Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Moving and Mayhem

I really hate moving. The process is going slow and steady and I will have all my bigger stuff in Santa Cruz by Sunday. I painted my room yesterday. One of the walls was a deep mustardy yellow, and that is just not allowed. I painted the wall white to match the others and to go with all my stuff. I did manage a few pics yesterday, but some didn't turn out. Here's a good one of the view from the family room:



I'll take more on Friday...the creek, the garden, the kitty. After I painted yesterday, I headed into town to check out the surf. It was pulsing, but it was very high tide. Meg and I decided to paddle out anyway, since it was freakishly hot in Santa Cruz. It was fun, but VERY bumpy....we called it "The Wild Buckin' Bronco Rodeo", cuz that's what it felt like.

We went surfing again this morning and I had a few really good rides. It was small scale, but very fun. Towards the end of my session, someone collided into my board, tearing about a 3" gouge into the side:







This is not a light ding! I have to get this repaired professionally. What a bummer for the Princess Cruiser! At least it was the board and not me that took the beating. Good thing I have another board to surf on while this one is in the shop. Oh well... the liabilities of surfing.

11 comments:

bee said...

Yikes, that's not ding, it's a gouge!

cooper said...

;( Damn Ding.

On the other hand I think your new place looks spectacular.

Peaceful too.

Leigh said...

Bee- I know... it was the talk out in the water this morning, so I was told.

Coop- Can't wait to get some more pics up to show you all. You have no idea how peaceful this place is!

Emily said...

Leigh, just glad it was your board got the boo boo instead of you!

Can't wait to see more pics, Yay Peaceful!

Leigh said...

Emily - Yeah, I'm very lucky! We seem to gain a false sense that it's perfectly safe to surf with a crowd of 50-100 ppl. In reality, it's extremely dangerous with knife like fins cruising through the water.

I do have a couple more pics to post here soon!

Miz BoheMia said...

I am glad that you are ok! Though I fully understand the frustration as that is the equivalent to a tear in my yoga mat and that would be TRAGIC!

Here's to a recovered Princess!

As for the place and the views, FABULOUS! But could we ever expect anything less from you? Hmmm?

I wonder what you would think of our house! We have yellow, purple, green, lilac, blue, pink, orange, fuchsia walls but alas, no white in sight!

Bohemian FO SHO!

Sizzlin'! ;-)

weirsdo said...

Nice yard. Sorry about the board, though.
Happy belated blogiversary.

Leigh said...

Miz B - The Princess Cruiser is now in the shop getting her repairs. I miss her already, but she'll be back better than ever! I do like colorful houses and paint jobs... just for my particular room I needed it white and to have a real clean look. When I visit Spain, I'll come over and check out your digs!

Weirsdo - Thank you! I have more pics, but just finished moving yesterday. I will do a post move post soon! :)

shayna said...

glad the board was dinged and not you...

Glad moving is going great... love the pics... keep them coming...

Emily said...

Hel Leigh, how's the move coming?? Getting settled in snug as a bug in a rug yet?
Emily

Alison said...

Oh God!