Sunday, July 23, 2006

Too Hot 2 Handle!

It was 104F today! It didn't matter that I spend the majority of the weekend at the coast...it was 94F there. I went surfing at 5am both yesterday and today, so we got out at around 7:30am. Still plenty of daylight to do whatever and sure makes for a long day. I rode my bike around the westside of Santa Cruz and as I was coming down Main St. towards the wharf, there was a horde of runners getting ready to do the Wharf to Wharf run. That race gets so packed, you can just forget about crossing the street if it's in their path.




I took the pic as I was about to ride downhill... you can see the wharf and the shores of Monterey Bay. I surf just on the other side of the wharf along westcliff.

So, my Blogavisary was a couple days ago. One full year of blogging! WOO! Interesting to look back on some of those posts and reflect on the past year. Although, it's wonderful to see that I still have the same enthusiasm and love for surfing. 3 years, and I still get excited just before paddling out.

Not a whole lot going on except the normal summer activities. I'll be going on vacation next month to FL to visit my parents. When I get back, I plan to enter the NorCal Women's Surfest Contest. School doesn't start up until late September. Sorry I haven't had any girl stories to tell, but I have some prospects out in the water...some QT Surfergirls (as they are referred too). I'll keep you all posted....

Again...beat the heat, and stay cool!

10 comments:

shayna said...

HAPPY BLOGAVISARY! :)~ My one year is coming up next month! Time does fly...

Hope all is well and you stay cool!

Take Care!!!

Madame Mahima said...

happy blogiversary babe!

its always great that you maintain that enthusiasm for whatever it is you love doing, coz the minute your love for it drops then thats the end of that!

all the best with surfest contest! im sure you'll do awesome :D

Leigh said...

Shayne - Woohoo! We should have a blog-bash! Time does fly... I've learn this past year to really live in the moment.

Mahi - Hey girl! I agree... some thing fade... but it's great when you do have a real love and passion for something. I'll try my best in the contest and keep you all posted!

Miz BoheMia said...

Happy Blogiversary indeed!

I agree with Mahi about the whole surfing thing and can relate on a yogic level to it all. It is my high and I need it daily! I think it is a hard thing to explain to people who are not physically active, but hey, their loss!

So surf it up and what's this coy and mention about girlies just at the end of the post? Sneaky chica and oooh what a tease! You'd best dish next time! ;-P

besos!

Leigh said...

Miz B- hehehe...coy mention...more like when I have something to tell, you'll all be the first to know ;) There's a couple of girlies out in the water I've been waiting to talk to, but they haven't been out surfing (at least when I'm there). One of my friends told me one of them was out this morning... but I wasn't feeling well this morning so I decided to sleep in and rest...damn! Oh well...all in good time.

cooper said...

I am so sorry I missed your blogiversary.

Santa Cruz looks pretty awesome Leigh, if it is going to be 104 degrees at least living by the water makes it worth it.

Enjoy sweet leigh.

bee said...

Yes, definitely try and stay cool!
Happy Blogiversary!

Leigh said...

Cooper - thanks dear... Santa Cruz is a very awesome place. You should come visit sometime :)

Bee - Thanks, I am trying my best!

The ZenFo Pro said...

Lol...hey Leigh!!! Hope you're doing better now that the heat has (sigh) headed out my way...

You know, I completely forgot my blogversary this year. Oh well, how time flies...

Hey, hope the surf's good and the weather's better.

Leigh said...

Hey awesome pic Jason! yeah...it's cooled off and surfs been fun!