Monday, July 10, 2006

Making the Move


I found a place in Santa Cruz! It's on a huge property with some acreage and the surroundings are just beautiful! It's 10 minutes away from downtown and from my surf spot. My housemates seem pretty awesome and have good energy... I am very excited about this move! It will be wonderful to be with my friends and all the activities I enjoy. I'll post some pics soon after I move in. The pic seen here is what the drive to my new place looks like... woodland type scenery.

So I tried taking some summer courses, but my brain has refused to think about midterms or tests. No more classes until September. That's fine, since I have a move to start preparing for, and a vacation to look forward to. I think I deserve a break. I met all the goals I setup for myself last year.

The surf has been pretty small lately, but we've managed some good sessions in. Hopefully there will be a swell in for the weekend!

9 comments:

bee said...

Enjoy your break!

cooper said...

I'm excited for you. You sound very happy about the move and it sounds like a perfect place to live.

Enjoy the summer and let the brain rest. I think those little cells need time to party don't you.

Please post a moving prgoress schedule and try to be timely about it. ;)

Leigh said...

Thanks Bee, definitely doing my best to! ;)

Coop- my what a sassy one you are! hehehe what's this about "was" first on your list? Has some else topped the Cooper To-Do charts?

I think my cells are ready for a party... party we will ;)

Miz BoheMia said...

YAY! It sounds wonderful Leigh and hey, a girl who says "have good energy" is so a bohemian fantasy come true! Oooweee!

I am glad to hear the new digs are so fab, that the roommates have good energy, and my the place is beautiful! I seriously have this itch to come and visit you! How I wish I could! Maybe some day!

And yeah, I second Coop! Let those brain cells rest up and live it up this summer cause you deserve it!

shayna said...

Glad to hear you found a place... Sounds beautiful and you sound so excited...

I'm now excited... wooo hoooo!

cooper said...

Oh , just trying to make you jealous so you'll come back more often. lol

Leigh said...

Miz B. - You are always welcome to come visit! The Bay Area misses you! And yes... the brain cells are resting!

Shayna- I am stoked! The place is great and I can't wait to move in!

Coop - It's working ;)

weirsdo said...

Good for you. That does look beautiful.
I am also having a restful summer after a tough year.

Leigh said...

Weirsdo- Good to hear you are getting some R&R in as well! I am so excited about this move and hope to have more pics after the 1st!