Friday, June 30, 2006

Fork in the Road

In an unexpected twist in my life, I find myself looking into the possibility of moving to Santa Cruz in a month or two. 24 hours ago the idea would have seemed absurd. I mean, I work and go to school here in San Jose. My family lives here. What would be the sense in moving "over the hill"? Well, I received a notice on my door when I came home from work yesterday afternoon. My rent is going up about $80 more. Not a whole lot, however, when I moved into my place last year I had no intention of staying. It was kind of a default decision at the time. I was relieved to find out this morning that I will on a month to month term on my lease, so I need no immediate action and can give this some serious thought.

I am going for drinks at Alison's tonight with some of the surf crew. I may go out for a paddle if there is any sort of waves, but the good stuff was this morning. Tomorrow morning for sure. I have a beer-bonding date with my friend Patty tomorrow night, so I can not stay in SC for the weekend. Plus I think on Sunday I am going start going through my stuff and get rid of things I am not using and start packing away items for when I do inevitably move.

7 comments:

bee said...

Living in SC seems like it would be so much fun!

Miz BoheMia said...

My hippy cousin lived there for a bit as did many friends of mine. My kids' godmother and closest friend studied there and they both loved it. What brough about the change?

We tried driving once to Carmel and right outside of SC, our shitty car broke down. We got it for quite cheap and Loverboy wanted to leave it. We were stuck in the rain and not one to lose out on something I sold it right there and then to some Mexican guys! Then our friends from SJ picked us up and we went out drinking in Santa Cruz so nope, I have seen nothing of the town!!! But hey, if you do move there take tons of pics! See? Quite self-serving attitude here! ;-)

All joking aside, I hope the answers come to you and that the decision you make will be one that will give you much happiness as well as an exciting change!

Leigh said...

Bee - Yeah it does! I am still looking around, it's a little more expensive over there.

Miz B - It's fun little down. I had always figured I am close enough so there wasn't ever a reason for actually living there. Its only a 25 minute drive for me. But all my friends are there and my beloved ocean is there. If I can find a good priced place it would be great to be walking distance from those things.

shayna said...

Whatever your decision... just hope you will be happy.

Happy Fourth of July to you, darlin'... :)

weirsdo said...

What Shayna said. I know the way to neither San Jose nor Santa Cruz, so look forward to more enlightenment as you make your decision.

Anonymous said...

Keep us informed and I hope your fourth of july is going full force. ;)

cooper said...

lol