Monday, June 26, 2006

Another Crazy Weekend Gone By

Work had been pretty insane last week. Some idiot thought it would be a great idea to put his hot cigarette ashes out on some bone dry cardboard and pallets. The result was, of course, a fire that had severed one of my center's phones lines (including the T1 that we need so badly for interenet access and to ring sales). So i was on the phone all day coordinating the phone company and property managers and other things.



Thank goodness for the weekend! Saturday morning I got up at 4:30am to get ready to depart for Santa Cruz for the weekend. I got into the water at around 5:15ish, still dark, and my crew was already out there. It was pretty fun! I must say though, we (the crew and I), have been so spoiled by going so early on the weekdays. We have been so used to having waves to ourselves and dealing with the weekend crowds has been a challenge. Anyway, we all got out and headed to Meg's to hang out in the hot tub...which was nice since it was getting cold (it was in the 90's in San Jose, but in Santa Cruz it was in the low 60's). After that we took a bike ride to Westcliff and checked out Steamer Lane and went by Jen's house to see if she was there. She had already headed for the Wharf becuase they were displaying old Wood Cars (Woodies)and it's usually pretty freaking cool! It was cool seeing all those old cars and surfboards! (I took this pic back in 2004)



Later on that day, I took a solo bike ride up WestCliff to check out the surf again to see if we might want to go out again. It was crowded and very small so I just toured around. I had just bought my cheap awesome bike the night before so I was stoked! As I was heading back to Meg's, Hannah caught me cruisin' down the street as she got out of the surf. I hadn't seen her since Cinco de Mayo! It was nice getting caught up and she commented on how cute my bike was. Everyone was in awe of my $79 bike. It had already paid itself off for all the fun and great comments I got from it!




Anyway, I spend the night in Santa Cruz and we got up late to surf, but what a fun session we had! The waves we decent with a good chest high set coming in every so often. It was a great session!

Definitely a great weekend with great people!

8 comments:

shayna said...

Sorry about work... that sucks...

BUT... I am glad you had a great weekend... sounds like you had a blast!

bee said...

Rockin' wheels, lady! And for a mere $79!

Leigh said...

Shayna- Thats ok...everything is working now :) The weekend was great! It sure makes Monday hard though!

Bee- Yes! What a great deal for lookin so stylin'!

Miz BoheMia said...

Oooh! A deal! Thou art a surfer chick after my own heart fo' sho'! I was recently mourning the bikes we left behind in SF! Here, deals are so hard to come by!

Love the pic of the car!

glad you had a good weekend and hey, don't be gone for so long anymore cause I missed you!

Leigh said...

Miz B - Awwww... missed you too! Sorry about the hiatus. I just finished my stats class today, so hopefully it will free me up to do other things.

Sorry about your bikes. I never realized how much I wanted one and how much attention I can get from one! hehehe

HUGS!!!!

weirsdo said...

Cool bike! Hope it rides as good as it looks.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time Leigh. I'm glad your writing some.

Leigh said...

Weirdso- It's a pretty sweet ride!

Anon- Coop is that you? Yes, I should be more consistant at my blogging activities :)