Sunday, May 07, 2006

That Was Fun



Well what a weekend! I guess Friday is where is all began when I went surfing. I had both Hannah and Alison in the water with me. It's always fun to surf with your friends, no doubt. I had some interesting conversations with Hannah about the word "chonies" (which I taught her) and why we shouldn't have TV's in our home (she doesn't believe in having one, but I do being that I am a lover of nerdy shows and think that there can be some quality television, if you can get past the abundance of junk). Alison said we were talking so much that we were going to end up in Capitola. Yeah yeah yeah. Just a tip to all of you: never shave anything before surfing, especially your bikini area, because the salt water doesn't soothe it at all. That was my undoing for that surf session. My crotch was a blaze as I paddled in.

About a half hour later I met back up with Alison and on went the Cinco de Drinko (it was at hers and her 5 other roommates house). What a party...frozen chonies, more conversation about the word "chonies", beer and maragaritas, random dogs coming in the house, people rockin' out with an audience in the backyard. Fun times.

The next day I was in recovery and did mostly nothing. I went skating, layed out by the pool. I was going to do some homework, but my friend from Atlanta called and we had a 2 hour conversation...whoops.

Today was good. I went to breakfast with Emily and her friend from AZ and that was so nice. After I went out for a surf sesh. I missed Hannah by an hour or two as I had called her before breakie and she was already going out...so I was solo today. Alison and Briana were already sunbathing in their backyard, so she wasn't about to get into the cold water. Oh well. It was so beautifully sunny and warm today and it was nice to just be out.

Above pic: Nice crowded day at Cowells, even at the foot of the stairs! You can only imagine what it was like in the water. Look at the below pic.

16 comments:

Miz BoheMia said...

Wow Leigh! How beautiful! Looks like you've been busy! Good for you!

I am afraid I am going to have to drag it out of you or be the only dork here... what is a chonie?

Oh wise woman! Teach me! :-)

Leigh said...

Miz B- It was beautiful and busy indeed! Chonies = underwear :) I believe it is a term used by Mexicans to describe their panties or briefs, or boxers.

Smurf said...

Awesome pictures! I am not sure what a Chonie is either. Please enlighten us! ;)

Leigh said...

Hi Smurf - You musta snuck on when I was replying to Miz B. Chonies = underwear. :)

Miz BoheMia said...

I tend to be a fan of going commando...

Airing things out in life is good... 'nuff said! ;-)

bee said...

Gotta love the word "chonies."

:)

shayna said...

I'll make note of the "blazing crotch" next time I decide to surf! :)

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! :)

cooper said...

Nice sounding weekend. It sounds and looks beautiful.


Yea I never shave anyway always get waxed but i
I can imagine.

Leigh said...

Miz B - hehe I love going commando too!

Bee! Welcome back! Chonies is one of my favorite words!

Shayna - yes, learn from my mistakes! hehehe it was a great weekend!

Coop- I do prefer the waxing, but lately it's just been more convient to shave.

Miz BoheMia said...

Cooper beat me to it. I came back to say waxing is the way to go... *sigh*

Well, I will say that a regular bikin wax is just a no-no these days... I so recommend a brazilian... hurts like a bitch the first time but after that, smoooth sailing!

Leigh said...

Don't I know it ;)

weirsdo said...

Next time my crotch is ablaze I will try not to get my chonies in a knot over it.

cooper said...

I can't help but wonder how often weirsdo's " crotch is ablaze".

Leigh said...

Now that is a good question Coop

Cowgirl said...

FINALLY surfed on over here for the first time, and I already learned two things!

1. Chonies = underwear

2. Never go in saltwater after shaving.

Although I always wax...;)

Leigh said...

Welcome Cowgirl! Hey, those are 2 very important lessons! :) Glad I could provide "useful" information!