Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Back To It

Finally, my return to the ocean and surf! It was sunny this weekend so I decided to get my ass back into the water. It was great!!!!! Classic Cowells dawn patrol. I got to Santa Cruz around 7am and it was small but absolutely fun! Surfing that early in the morning marks the beginning of Spring, where the low tides are in the early morning instead of the late afternoon. My first wave was a fast left, just beautiful, with my finger-tips dragging in the face of the wave. Just pure magic. The sandbar had diminished and it's back to the way I love it!

Hooray!!!!

13 comments:

Miz BoheMia said...

Ooooh! This calls for a celebration! Let us party!

PART-AY I SAY!

Seriously, I am soooo happy for you! Some of the darkest days in my yogic life were when I could not practice for more thank 6 months consistently and it was hell so I very well understand that high!

Ride 'em waves girl and enjoy on my behalf too!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO for YOU!!!!!!

Leigh said...

Miz B. - Yes...strange enough, I feel like me again. These activities are so much a part of who we are that we feel incomplete without them. I will for sure be surfing again this weekend and will catch a few for you too!

weirsdo said...

Great. I assume the toe is all better.

Leigh said...

Weirsdo - Hmmm... not quite. It was ok while I was surfing, but getting in and out of my wetsuit proved challenging.

SailorAshley said...

thats funny considering your last post was about snow haha

bee said...

regarding your comment: Woohoo! I am an SCU alum! It's a great school!

Leigh said...

Ashley - I know! The weather is still somewhat crazy! There was a dump of snow a couple nights ago on our hills and tomorrow it's supposed to hit 70F!

Bee- Awesome! I love SCU!

The ZenFo Pro said...

Ah ha! Awesome to see you're getting your wave on out west :)

Leigh said...

Jason- Hey! Cool pic! Yes...I am happy to be out in the water!

shayna said...

FINALLY... I have been trying to comment for the past day... stupid blogger!!!

Anyway... I am glad you are getting back into your groovvve!

Enjoy the water and waves! ;)

Leigh said...

Shayna! Glad you finally got through! Stoooopid blogger! I am happy that it's almost Spring break! One more week! YES!

Anonymous said...

Nice you finally got to return to the ocean.

Glad your toe is better and hope it continues to heal.

cooper said...

me