Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Too Beautiful!


I knew today was going to be just gorgeous! I totally ditched work and went the beach. For some reason my original plan of studying for an exam had been put on the back burner after the temp reached about 70 degrees. I surfed for a little bit and then just beach combed for a bit. What a great reprieve from a hectic week. I still have that exam to study for...phooey! Below is Santa Cruz a couple of hours ago. Oh...they were holding the Maverick's Big Wave Surf contest 40 minutes up the coast. Shawn Rhodes is one the 24 picked...he gave Alison and I a surf lesson back in the day. Anyway... they couldn't have picked a more lovely day!

11 comments:

Sar said...

Awesome image and beautiful make me totally jealous beach picture. Good for you!

bee said...

Color me jealous -- today was GORGEOUS!

shayna said...

It is freaking freezin' here!!! ;(

The hight today was 37 degrees...

YEAH I'M JEALOUS!

Leigh said...

You all should be jealous! It was 76 degrees in Santa Cruz!!! That's rare even in the summer, when it only reaches the lower 70's!

Trust me...I did not let this day go to waste! Tomorrow it's still supposed to be warm, but I have to go to work and then class til 10pm. Yucks!

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

Awww Lucky you

You old work ditcher you.

Sounds beautifully awesome.

weirsdo said...

Good luck with your exam . . .
Were you too f--ing busy, or vice versa? (apologies to Dorothy Parker)

Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leigh said...

Coop - That's right... I am a work ditcher and proud! I'll do it again I tell you!

Weirsdo - Something like that...too f--king busy or busy f--cking around. :)

Miz BoheMia said...

Beautiful! *sigh* Not gonna go there! Figuratively and literally unfortunately!

Glad you ditched. Ditching is good for the soul! Have ditched quite a bit in the past and the only regret would have been linked to not ditching...

Keep us posted chica!

The ZenFo Pro said...

Oh lord would kill for a day like that...awesome beach weather.

Honestly, that's probably better for you than studying anyways.

Leigh said...

Miz B. - I agree, I think there's something to be said for becoming a free spirit and defying authority. :)

Jason - I feel much better! hehehe

It was beautiful, and it's been nothing less than 70 around here for the last 3 days. I'm going surfing after work today, so I am going to enjoy some of this spring like weather before it becomes February again.