Saturday, February 11, 2006

Social Graces

A lot has been going on. I just haven't been able to do much blogging and I feel like I am falling off the blog radar. I'm not sure whether it's school or work or the combination of both that is taking up my time. Probably both.

I attended a funeral today. I took time out to support my coworker/friend who's son had passed away. He was only 20, so it was a pretty sad event. Some of my other coworkers were there and I spent some time with them after at the luncheon. When I got home, I was pretty worn out from the emotional and social exercise. I was planning on surfing, but looking at the cam, it looked sooooo crowded. I didn't want to be in any more crowds today, so I went to my "secret" rollerblading spot and did what I call an "evening pave-off". The name is derived from a surfing term called an "Evening Glass-off" which means to surf before sunset when the wind dies down and the water gets smooth and glassy. Always beautiful.

It wasn't a big deal, I went surfing yesterday and had a lot of fun. Everyone was out and I was so excited to see people I haven't seen in awhile. I was pretty worn out after that.

I have one more week of work, and then I will be on a week's vacation in Florida. I hope I can catch up on all your blogs throughout the week and on vacation. Sorry I have been such a hermit. I will try and get out more :)

9 comments:

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

I wouldn't worry one bit about it if we get to concerned we send out the blog frog to search for you. It's all good. Sometimes it's just like fuk it I have nothing to say.LOL

Miz BoheMia said...

Glad you have been fitting some time in to surf! And yeah, what Alice said! Ooooh! Vacation in Florida! Surf up a storm baby!

shayna said...

Yeah... we all know that you have a life outside of the blogosphere... You are missed but WE all understand. Life is busy and sometimes, like Alice said, fuk it! ;)

Hope you have a great vacation.

bee said...

No Maverick's?
;)

Leigh said...

Coop- Hehehe...blog frog. I always have something to say, that's the problem ;)

Miz B - Yeah me too! I am going to FL to visit my parents. It should be good.

Shayna - I miss my girls too! I'm glad you are all so lovely...thank you :)

Bee - hehehe... Staying alive is one of my goals. Surfing Mav's would surely put down that idea! ;)

Sar said...

I wouldn't worry about your upsetting us by not being around too much (though I will inevitably miss my surfer chick when she's not around).

That said, you should seriously worry about just how jealous you make us with your talk of surfing and the beach. *green sigh* ;)

Leigh said...

Sar- Hehehe, well... our little heat wave is over :( Back to California February whether. But I am going to FL on Saturday. Perhaps I can figure out someway to make you gals jealous ;)

weirsdo said...

Have fun in Florida. We're always glad to see you whenever you turn up.

Mall Diva will get to stare at the top of the Russian guy's head during orchestra rehearsal this Thursday!

The ZenFo Pro said...

Hey, don't sweat it. Its that time of year. I'm getting so behind on my daily reads that its not even funny.