Thursday, January 12, 2006

Just the Facts

Again, I have been tagged by Miz Bohemia. This time I must state five little known facts about myself. Here we go:

1) Just after I was born, my parents and I moved from Marin County, California to Turkey. Both my mom and dad were in the US Air Force (where they met) and got stationed in the east for about 9 months. After that we moved to Santa Clara County, California, where I still reside today.

2) My eye doctor is so amused by this one: My right and left eye refuse to work together, they only work independently. For example, take 3D glasses...you need to use both eyes at the same time to get the 3D effect. I can't do it...one of the eyes shuts down and lets the other do all the work. My optometrist says it's fine, both eyes are healthy, and that I have adapted throughout my life, I'm just not getting the same depth perception most people have. I have to be very careful descending staircases.

3)My grandmother raised me until I was about 10 years old. I remember only seeing my parents real late at night and on the weekends. They were both working at the time.

4)I knew I was gay when I was about 6 years old (even though I really didn't quite understand it, I just knew I liked girls over boys). I even had a crush on a little girl named Christina when I was in 1st Grade. She gave me a kiss on the cheek. :)

5)I can juggle. My best friend of 10 years just found that one out on New Year's eve when I was able to juggle some doggie toys drunk. Yeah folks, it was spectacular!!

I'm not a tagger, so I leave it be here. Weekend is coming up...looks like it will entail homework and some surfing! Full moon is on Saturday, so a possible luna run may be on the agenda!

8 comments:

weirsdo said...

Thanks for telling us more about yourself.
I knew I was straight when Tommy H. taught me how to put half a pencil in my desk and karate chop the other half off. It was SO romantic. . .

Day by Day said...

My grandmother raised me a good part of my life as well...

I would have loved to have seen the doggie toy juggle...

Miz BoheMia said...

Shayna! You are my favorite late 2os mama! And in my book, late 20s is smokin'! Plus you have given birth and so we are part of the same Mummy club!

Alice, I still love you too!

Leigh, chicas for ever...

GODDAMMIT! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Geez Leigh! It is tough work being a lesbian! I think being gay is easier 'cause men just are not this sensitive.... hmmm.... is this what I make my hubby go through? It'd be enough to make me like men man! You are one brave chica! ;-P

I loved your list! You made this bohemian's day getting to know her chica better!

No complaints Alice and Shayna! I said I LOVE YOU ALL DAMMIT!

*bohemian system overload... she walks away with smoke coming out of her ears!*

Day by Day said...

Miz B... *shayna smiles and rejoices* Ahhhh... the love! ;)

Leigh said...

Weirdo- Hmmm...that is pretty impressive. I wonder if I'd be straight had someone boy taught me the kung fu pencil trick.

Shayna - Yeah it was pretty spontanious and the Bert, the dog, wasn't too pleased I was playing with his toys.

Miz B. - Yeah, women are pretty hard to maintain, but I think it's worth it. I loves all you chicas too!

Sar said...

So much love here - can I join in too?

Leigh, I loved your meme. I'm going back to work on mine right now before MizB finds out I'm playing meme hookey.

Leigh said...

Sar - of course! I think theirs plenty of luvin to go around! :)

Uh oh, Miz B. may pull out the whip, careful! hehehe

Sar said...

Thanks, Leigh! It's all good. My meme is done and now it's time to party because it's Virtual Ladies' Night Out - C'mon!