Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The '06 Start

Since I didn't work yesterday, today is my Monday. Everyone sure has been keeping me on my toes and it feels just like the start of the week proceeding a holiday. Everyone has been calling me every 20 minutes with some "crisis" they want me to come look at and/or fix. Well, my car is in the shop, so my mobility is limited to where i can walk. To top it off, the mechanic didn't have promising news about my car. Yup, it's Monday disguised as Tuesday.

I'm finding it way more difficult to type with my hand injury here at work. I have a laptop at home and i think the keys are smaller and closer together, so I don't have to stretch my fingers very far.

The surf has been blown out and stormy. It rained the last couple of days like you wouldn't believe, so it's been uneventful for the most part. It's going to clear up tomorrow and for the weekend, so I hope to have more exiting news to tell then. Hope everyone is recovered from New Years and is having a great start of the week!

8 comments:

bee said...

Yikes! It sure does sound like you're having a Monday!
Hope your day gets better...

Madame Mahima said...

hey happy new year!
hope your hand feels better..may i suggest a temporary solution to your problems?
ice cream
trust me
you haven't had an amazing start to '06 but hopefully it will get better..
take care!

Miz BoheMia said...

Hey lady!

Join the club! I hope it'll get better for you and that this year ends up rockin'! Here's to some good surfin' and speedy healin'!

Leigh said...

Bee - Thank you, I'm positive it will get better!

Mahima - Ice cream does work wonders! I am a HUGE ice cream fan and haven't had any yet in 2006..perhaps that should become a priority ;) Thanks for stopping in and giving your well wishes!

Miz B- After hearing what you are going through, I really have no reason to complain! hehehe I'm sure things will pickup for the both of us soon! I'm all for some good surfin' and healin'! Thanks luv!

Day by Day said...

Geez... everyone i am reading is having a New Year that hasn't started off so nice/good/excellent...

I hope your hand gets to feeling better...

Hope you get to surf-it-up soon!

Leigh said...

Hey Shayna! I know... I have been getting the same vibe from everyone! 2006 is really getting off to a real negative start. Hopefully it will get better!

I really need to get into the water soon! I am planning on Saturday...wish me luck!

I am glad you are alright and having a better day... I was quite concerned!

weirsdo said...

Sory to here about you're crisises, but at least you can take comfort that you have a real strong leader for you're world guyding you into 2006 and beyond!!!!!!!!
I feel sure if you people would suport you're president more every thing would look up for you : )

Leigh said...

Uh thanks Pansi for some insight into our future :)