Sunday, December 11, 2005

December to Remember

Thank you all for the warm birthday wishes! T'was indeed my birthday on Friday and I apologies I did not mention it earlier. Everyone at work remembered and they even got me a cake *sniff* Later that evening we headed downtown. San Jose is actually beautiful this time of year...They really try to make it as Christmasy and festive as possible. We had Thai for dinner and then decided we really wanted to AeonFlux because we had heard it was so bad. Alison looks at Ken, Ami, and myself and says "Can you possibly keep quiet?" She was referring to our in-house habits of renting an overly dramatic, "serious" movie and completely tearing it apart through the duration with witty, snide remarks. Kind of like Mystery Science Theatre uncensored. We call it "Bag A Movie". So back to Flux, we were able to contain ourselves somewhat - but after we couldn't hold the snide and witty back! Example:


Those boots she's wearing have compartments in the heel...you know to store things like tampons, breathmints, lipgloss, and Charlize's outfits.

Anyway, we were entertained and we had a fun rest of the evening. Now for the surf. It was sooooooooo fun this weekend! Nice swell came in! I went solo yesterday. Today, Nicole and I ended up getting in the water at the same time and paddled out together. I was surprised I kept track of her with waves breaking everywhere and the spread of people all over. There was a lot of movement and a lot of water coming in and trying to go out. I caught several waves which took me right up to the beach and it was a loooooong paddle back. They were worth it... steep and fast with white water unzipping quick behind you. I was taking the waves to the left, getting the most velocity out the wave. I didn't go right once. The elusive Hannah paddled out towards the end of my session. By that time it was getting cold and my arms were shot. It got the point where I was shaking, and Hannah said something about hypothermia, so I figured it was time to go in. It was pretty sad, I was so cold and tired I couldn't even catch a wave in. There were many opportunities and I missed them all, so I had to paddle in. A good time was had however, and I will be going surfing again tomorrow. Pretty good for my first of many December session to come!

6 comments:

weirsdo said...

Good for you for restraining yourselves to the end. I don't know if I could resist commenting on that feral look.
Happy surfing.

Girl on the Blog said...

Kind of a slinky outfit she has on there... got one myself... LOL! Glad you could hang on to the end before you let out your snide remarks... :)

Happy that your surfing went so well. Your birthday sounds like you had a blast... a well deserved Happy Birthday weekend!

Leigh said...

Weirsdo - Trust me, it was difficult!

Shayna - I think every woman should own some sort of slinky outfit to cause chaos in ;)

Girl on the Blog said...

I hate to do this to ya....

Sorry you've been tagged!

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

Sounds awesome Leigh but yea be careful I don’t want to hear of you dragged to the shore blue as blue in some kind of ventricular fibrillation due to hypothermia. This happened to someone on a beach last year a friend of mine was at and the guy died.

Leigh said...

Yes my dear Alice...I did go in today and was extremely careful. It was very cold again, but I was little scared and wanted to overcome the fear. Plus I was pretty dissappointed in myself yesterday for getting that cold and tired. Today rocked! I stayed in for about 45 minutes and took it easy. The session was so much more enjoyable! I will never let myself get that cold and tired again!