Monday, December 26, 2005

After The Event

Ah, another Christmas came and went. It was a good one this year! I had lots of friends and family around, some I haven't seen in years. It been a long time since I had the feeling like I was having a "real" Christmas, which meant having everyone there. My family had been scattered in the last several years, so it hasn't been the same (like the get togethers we had when I was a kid).

I tried to go surfing yesterday, but it just looked like a lot of work for whole lot of nothing. I decided not to suit up and go in. Besides it was raining, and it is so difficult to get dressed in the rain.




I haven't heard from her since the day she told me she didn't feel the same *sigh* I did email her the day after (thursday) and haven't got a response, which is not normal for her. She's probably been busy with family and friends in town and I am trying my best not to freak out. I mean, I trust her, but at the same time I don't want her to change how we've been interacting as friends. I wonder if I blew that when I told her how I felt. I think it's a difficult position for us both.

Live it by day I guess.

8 comments:

Day by Day said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas... nothing like friends and family.

To bad you didn't get to surf... ;(

Hopefully everything is just find between the two of you... it is the holidays and she probably is busy. If things do change... it is her loss.

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

aww leigh, I hope everythng works out for you. Sometimes it is hard to remain friends at first when you know someone thought of you in another way. Maybe she just needs some time...and then there is the holidays to consider it throws everyone off.

Miz BoheMia said...

Hey chica! I agree with the girls... it may have been a bit intense and she may need some time for things to stabilize for her... I think that is normal when you find out a friend has feelings for you that go beyond the platonic... and if it is a true friendship it will survive that, if not, it'll suck for a bit but will eventually have been a good learning experience. I know, easier said than done... I hope it turns out to be the gaining of a true friend! Don't let it get you down though! You are one hot chica and will find a goodhearted hottie in no time!

Leigh said...

My lovelies,
Thank you for your sage words of advice and comfort. I was in freakout mode yesterday, but think I got it under control. Everything will work for the best, I'm sure. She's a great person, and I know she'll come through. I think this is more out me getting a hold of my emotions.

Shayna - It was sad that the surf isn't cooperating! Hopefully it'll clear up soon!

Alice- Yes I agree, time is probably needed...Things will work out no matter what :)

Miz B - I think things will be positive and her and I will remain friends. Her and I both probably could use some time away from one another. In the end, there's always another girl ;)

Miz BoheMia said...

PS~ email me when you get a chance since there was something I wanted to send you and I don't have your email address! *bohemian gasps*

Mine is: bohemianfunk@yahoo.com

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

I'm making my happy new years rounds now in case I don't get back to people prior to that time.


Happy New year Leigh.

Demi Goddezz said...

Happened to land in ur blog...Merry belated christamas and a very happy new year..

sometimes when people leave it hurts..but sometimes its better to let go than seeing the other get hurt by them staying ,,,,:)

Leigh said...

Thanks Alice! Have a great New Year and hope to hear from you soon! Surfs Up!

Demi - I also hope you enjoy your holidays! Thank you! Yes...there's a time to stay and a time to go. Looks like her and I are going to stay this time ;)