Thursday, November 03, 2005

The X Factor


This week has been completely weird, in that I have either heard news about an exgirlfriend, or have been contacted by an exgf. First, a former girlfriend of mine back in my early 20's had gotten married, and I have heard recently she is now pregnant. This was a 4 year, long term, miserable relationship and I had been the one who initiated the breakup. It creeps me out that this person is reproducing. My more recent ex had just emailed me a couple days ago. We had not left in the best of terms, but I had previously tried to reconcile our differences, only to get no response. It's been over a year since I had last heard from her. We have been corresponding this week and have decided to try and be friends and I will leave it at that for now.

It's almost the weekend and I am ready to hit the water. Its getting dark so early now :( Guess those glow-sticks I bought will be in use very soon! I'll keep ya'll posted!

Candy from: http://stevegarufi.com/storyhearts.htm

4 comments:

weirsdo said...

Yeah. Get in the water and don't waste time on these losers who didn't appreciate you before.

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

Sounds like a nice weekend planned.
I'm not sure that being friends with old girlfriends/boyfriends works; it may I just haven't had great success with it until after a long period of time has passed....like three years.

lol

good luck with it all.

Leigh said...

Weirsdo - You have a point. I am not intending on starting anything serious with the one I have been talking to. We are just opening up communication again.

Alice - I dunno either. I usually don't talk to my ex's. Again, we'll see what happens...I'll give her that chance.

The ZenFo Pro said...

Leigh, hope you're totally rocking the surf today!

Yeah, I'm convinced there's some cosmic ex alignment that occurs once every few months. I was sitting in a coffee shop last night, talking to an ex about her impending marriage and my most recent ex walks in. And then I get an e-mail this morning from another one.

Think I agree with Alice...not sure if being friends is a good idea, so just be careful, chica.