Monday, November 28, 2005

Last November '05 Session

It was so difficult finding the motivation to go surfing on Sunday, but I managed. The swell was dying down by the time I got there, but Nicole and Steve were out. It had been awhile since I surfed with the both of them, and I was eager to hear about how they spent the holiday weekend. Also in the water was my swimming instructor from Foothill, Arno. It was good to see him, too, as well as many other familiars. Hannah was out the day before,and I am kinda bummed I didn't get to see her. Perhaps in the coming weekend. But anyway, I did catch a few, but the waves were rounding out by the time they reached the end of Indicators and not providing a whole lot of pulse. Nicole, myself, and mass of kids that belonged to our friend Randy, caught a party wave that took us from the point to the beach (which is about a football field's length). I didn't quite make it that far, but it was still a long ride. It was about a 20 minute wait between sets, and I started getting cold. I headed in.

I wanted to save my energy (and gas money) for this coming weekend. There's going to be a very negative low tide with a decent swell coming in. I am guessing it will look like this:




That's a good picture of Cowells in December of last year I believe, but I didn't take it. Credit goes to: http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=
632486&Main=632019

14 comments:

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

My initial reaction is in a semi jealous catty tone....pooor leigh...she doesn't feel like going surfing.... but has easy access.....she is crazyyyyyyy.

I'm glad you got to do a little and then just rest and just in general have a good long weekend.

Next weekend sound like a good time so I hope it works out.

Leigh said...

Why thanks Ms. Alice...it is possible to get surfed-out once in while :)
I am hoping it doesn't this coming weekend! Hope you are staying warm, and getting some rest yourself.

Tan Lucy Pez said...

Fun read! Nice photo.

Girl on the Blog said...

I am glad you got to do a little surfing this weekend... to bad one of your friends didn't show... maybe next weekend!

I agree with Alice's "jealous catty tone" ... the nearest ocean from me... 8 hours... :( But... I do have a nice field to go "Cow tipping" in... :)

Leigh said...

Lucy- Thank you, and I sure whomever took the photo thanks you too!

Girl -It's cool about the friend, we didn't make plans or anything... that's my "surfing friend" hehehe Everything is very positive between us and I am very happy we managed to be whatever is we are ;)

Well you all are well come to visit here and surf with me! So there! >:p
I can't ever say I have tipped a cow before...hmmmmm

Girl on the Blog said...

Well I guess you will have to come here and let me show you how cow tippin is done... LOL!!!

Lordy... me on a surf board... call the peramedics!!!

weirsdo said...

I'm with Girl on the b. You would soon tire of my incompetence.

Leigh said...

Girl and Weirsdo - you are being too hard on yourselves! Surfing isn't the easiest to learn, but it's the most forgiving. It's very safe, because your are in water and don't get bruised and banged up.

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

yea I'm going to make leigh snowboard with me this winter in order to toughen up her back side.

Leigh said...

I am down with that Alice! I do snowboard already, but not good enough to have tough bottom. It's a 5 hr drive to the snow, but only a 30min drive to the beach. Leave it to you to take care of my backside ;)

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

well back sides are my specialty, or so I'm told. I'm going to be sittin gon mine quite a lot this weekend as I have tons of papers to write and so it will be larger by next week...which is good as the cold weather is here and the fat helps keep it warm.

Girl on the Blog said...

Backside Boogy Talk!!! Love it!!! :)

The ZenFo Pro said...

Hehehe...sounds like you're probably out having a blast probably right about now...

Sooo jealous. Will be back in California in a few weeks, and I'm so hitting the Pacific...lord, I miss good fish :)

Leigh said...

Alice & Girl - Pretty girls and booties are a good mix ;)

Jason - It was flatter than expected, but i did have fun. I will be posting about it tomorrow. Glad you are coming back to the Golden State for a little bit! Enjoy the sea food and the beautiful pacific!