Thursday, November 10, 2005

Baylands

For my lab yesterday we traveled to the Palo Alto Baylands. What an interesting place where freshwater meets saltwater and providing a variety of creatures to gawk at. Before you enter the reserve, the is a duck pond and what a duck pond indeed!





This must be the time of year for spectacular sunsets because I was lucky enough to catch the beauty of the sun retiring behind the hills. The sky was being indecisive about being sunny or whether it should rain. It did both and threw in some thunder and lighting for a dramatic finish.

7 comments:

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

I'm green with envy that you can go to such a place for class while I go to where the brick meets the concrete and glass and climb stairs.
I love it of course but it as if yours has a touch of romance to it and mine has a touch of cynicism.

Leigh said...

I do feel very fortunate to have these places to visit and that I am getting the most out of my Environmental Bio class- having the lab in the environment and all.

weirsdo said...

So I'm stuck in the practice room and the rehearsal hall a lot. At least I get to make beautiful music--but it's not the same as being out there.

Girl on the Blog said...

Unbelievable... I was always stuck in class with pee green walls and gum under the desk... I am so jealous!

The ZenFo Pro said...

Liegh, I'm now so jealous. My dad was telling me how wonderful it was up in Monterey this weekend. Ohio's been mild so far, but god do I miss Cali. [he says as he begins to search job postings]

:)

Leigh said...

weirsdo - Maybe you should start an outdoor orchestra! That would be awesome! I have always loved performing outside and love the sound of music carrying through the air.

Girl - Green Pee? Interesting and a science experiment in itself. At my college we also still have the traditional classrooms, along with the old desks with the old gums stuck underneath :p

Jason - Yes come back! Come back! It was beautiful this past weekend! 70's in Santa Cruz with a nice offshore breeze, good waves! We are having a late Indian Summer here in the Bay Area. It's supposed to be warm all week long.

Girl on the Blog said...

LOL! I meant pea green... sorry about that! ;) !