Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Surf Fest!

Yesterday was an awesome day! It was sunny with a slight breeze, waves o'plenty - perfect day for a surf contest and day at the beach. I did take some pics, but need to find the cable for my digicam. Anyway, I saw some awesome surfing - the women were just incredible and the support was ever present for women's surfing. There was a raffle ever hour and I won twice! The first time I missed my prize cuz I was out surfing, but I didn't miss much - just some sports drinks. The second time I totally made out with a bag of gear! I received a new bikini (very cute I might add), a visor, and uber-cute beach bag! Always buy raffle tickets because you have a good chance of winning! Last year at the fund raising event for the Surf Fest I had bought only 5 tickets and won a longboard! That's a major prize considering its worth is about $700!

Anyhow, I am glad I stepped back and decided not to compete. It gave me a chance to take a look at where I needed and wanted to be in my surfing. I will definitely be a player next year in the Surf Fest, no doubt. I'll post the pics soon as I find that darn cable!

4 comments:

weirsdo said...

I wanna see you're bikini. I bet Mall Diva dint desine it!!!!!!

Leigh said...

Unfortunately we not all lucky enough to have the talents of Mall Diva to design our attire. Hobbesywood is giving Rodeo Drive a run for its money!

Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

I'm waiting for the pics.

Leigh said...

lol...of what? the surf contest or my super-cute bikini? hehee

They're comin'!