Friday, September 16, 2005

The Moment



I got up at 5:45am this morning, drove over the hill and saw breaking waves at Cowells! Low tide was at 3:30am, so I was delighted to see that it was still pulsing and pushing some decent sized waves! The rides were a bit bumpy and hard to catch as they were rounding out because of the incoming tide. I was also on Alison's board, The Tank, so there is some adjustment there. But it was still damn fun! I took the above pic after my session and will take more throughout the weekend. The below pic is of a car i always pass on the way to Casa Bueno (Alison's & Briana's house) and I thought I would get a shot of it this morning on the way to return The Tank.

3 comments:

weirsdo said...

Cool car. Glad you finally got some waves.

weirsdo said...

I saw your response to my last comment about surf height. What do they judge in competitions? Form? Does wave height matter?

Leigh said...

They look at style, wave choice (i.e. height), take off's, execution from the wave. They look for tricks, like hanging 5 or 10, headstands, spinners...things like that in a longboard division. If you were a shortboarder, they look at cutbacks, aerials, and other high flying tricks.