Friday, August 05, 2005

My English Teacher Surfs!

That is what my friend Kelly's students are going be saying when she returns to school in the fall! Kel and I went out this morning and she was a complete rockstar! A true natural that got up on the first wave she took! She used the "Crouching Tiger" technique, but so did I when I was first learning to stand. She had no problems paddling and catching a wave! Here is what she had to say about her experience (this was a comment she had made on my previous blog):






Kelly said...

Okay, can I tell you what an awesome surf "teacher" Leigh is? We went out early this morning, apparently on "dawn patrol," and caught a few calm waves, perfect for learning. I'm definitely hooked. But, once all the surf schools arrived, a bit tough to navigate a clean line without crashing a bit. Very fun!

9:12 AM




We did get ambushed by the surf schools and had to bail outta there. The tide was starting to come in, completely shutting it out. Lotsa people and no waves equals no fun. I had such a great time and am very happy with the results! The above pic is of Cowells on a very flat morning (kinda like today but without the Surf School University out!).

1 comment:

Kelison said...

thats a pretty picture