Thursday, August 04, 2005
I did get in a surf session yesterday morning. It was pretty fun and foggy and I got a chance to try out Alison's rejected skeg (shown to the left). Her and I are two very different surfers. Her goal is to carve and do cutbacks and floaters, as to where to I want to cruise, noseride, and do weird quirky tricks. With that said, the skeg proved to suite my goals and I was quite pleased with it. I felt it responded well and locked the board into the wave.
Tomorrow I am going out again and my friend Kelly wants to come! I am so excited! Kelly and I go way back to my days as a student in Paris. She was very much a part of that trip and I am very happy she is still a trusted friend to me after all these years. I am sure she's going to rock tomorrow!
Pictured is one of my favorite surfers, Kassia Meador. When learning to noseride it is so beneficial to watch videos, see where the surfer is on the wave and watch their body language on the board. Here are my favorites to watch:
1. CJ Nelson - Fun to watch cuz he pulls off some innovative maneuvers!
2. Phil Edwards - Oldie but goody - stylish and all around casual and effortless.
3. Kassia Meador - A goofy-footer like myself and THE best woman longboarder ever!
3. Alex Knost - That guy just plants himself on the nose!
4. Wingnut - He just goes for it and just a fun improviser.
5. Melanie Bartels -yeah she's a shortboarder, but she rips!