Monday, August 15, 2005

Finishing up old business

For godsakes! No wonder I didn't finish school back when I was 21! I realize that I sure as hell didn't have the motivation to gather all my transcripts and go through class by class, unit by unit, and everything I needed to transfer. You have to really want to go to school! And I realize a lot kids get through the process and graduate, but support and motivation come in different forms. Being 30 and returning to my studies has made me come to discover the person I was in my early 20's. I seriously had no idea what the world had to offer me, although I thought I did. I figured I would get my Art History degree, travel and work as a teacher or in a museum. Well, I didn't finish my degree, I did travel (lots), and I work in IT/Networking. Hmmmm...Sometimes life takes us on different paths, but I have returned to very spot I left off. I am now preparing to finish off my degree in Art History (with a minor in Literature), but as far as what I want to do with the degree is now even more a mystery to me. Let it ride and see where I go, and what people cross my path. I only hope it keeps me on the road to where I want to be in my career as a student. Isn't the journey the crucial element in the scheme of all things?

4 comments:

SailorAshley said...

how close are you to finishing your degree? I'm about to start my third your of college, i can't wait to be done

weirsdo said...

Good for you! In case you didn't guess, I was a literature major right on through graduate school, and now I'm a violinist, but I don't believe education is ever wasted. Good luck.

Leigh said...

Sailor - I have about 2 years left. I already have an AA degree, just gotta get that upper divison done! Whats your major?

Weirsdo- I get along with ppl who are into Lit! That must be why I love your blog so much! I thought about going through and getting my degree in Lit, but I have so many Art History units I may as well get my BA in that subject with a minor in Lit

SailorAshley said...

technical communications. its like, english, business, and art all rolled into one. its crazy, but i like it alright